Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Steroids are not your friend, mmmmkkkay!

So excited today!!  I’m starting to get movement in my right shoulder!!  I still can’t lift my arm all the way up but I can lift it a bit and that’s a start!  My leg is still being stubborn, but to be honest if I can get the use and strength back in my arm it’s going to make dealing with a bum leg much easier and for that I am sooo thankful!

I have to admit this has been a rough first week home.  Being on steroids to control swelling in my brain for 36 days now has not been kind to my body.  It’s funny how a drug that stops inflammation and swelling in your head causes EVERYTHING else to swell!  I swear I look like Cartman from South Park, lol, and have had his appetite too.  No kitty, that’s my pot pie!!!!  I feel like a 500 lb version of me.  Thankfully, today is my last dose of Dexamethasone!!  The downside, now that the steroids are gone the pain is worse.  I hate taking pain meds, but they are going to have to be a part of my life for awhile now.  At least things are moving in the right direction, and I know that soon enough the extra weight and stress that it’s adding to my already sore and tired muscles will ease as it comes off.  This too, shall pass!!

Me after 9 days in the hospital and steroids.
Me today after 36 days on steroids.  Holy swelling Batman!!
My new arm movement!!!
I apologize for the terrible quality of the video, but at 5 am I couldn't wake someone up to take it for me, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment